Monday, September 26, 2016

9/26/16 Batismo, Cats, and All the Feels

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 months tomorrow!!!!

Well, this week has been pretty fantastic. First off........ NIRO GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! So excited for him! He got baptized on Saturday and then confirmed Sunday. He said something really cool after he was baptized. I asked him how he felt and if anything felt different? He responded with, "I feel like a child of God". So amazing. He said he feels loved. He hasn’t had many people in his life. His parents live really far away and are pretty old, he´s 45. He isn’t married and doesn’t have any kids so he was so happy to actually feel like people cared for him and that there is always someone that is there for him :) so awesome, got a little teary eyed, not just from the Spirit, but also from the storm of flies that were getting into my eyes during the baptism... DISGUSTING!!!!!

Anyways, so yeah Niro is officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. :) Nelson, the missionary who served in Paraguay, and Curly helped him out with the whole baptism process. I have pics :)

Also, we went to a member’s house for Almoço and she had 21 cats. She also made a ton of food for 2 people to eat. It was enough to feed Shamu and still have left overs. It was good though :) I wanted to become Shamu that day, but my whale powers weren’t activating that day, also the lady and Sister Leite only ate like 2 bites of their food, didn’t wanna look like a pig or something... pffft.

So, sad news. Sis. Barbosa left :( there was a transfer like right in the middle of the week and 3 weeks early. It was sad, but Sis.Y. Santos has a new companion, Sis. Teixeira. She is the bomb.com. She understands my references to Nacho Libre and Miranda Sings!!! Now I don’t look like an idiot when I say something that makes absolutely no sense and then laugh at myself.... So she’s pretty amazing.

Umm... earlier this week there were a bunch of sisters over and they were looking at all my pics I have of family and friends and... guy friends... Man, they were going crazy. "Americano!!! Meu futuro Marido!!" It was hilarious. XD We also had 5 cakes this week. Pretty sure I am going to have “Diabeetus” when I come home, but I´ll be totally ripped, so its ok I guess.

Moving on… we have some peeps that seem pretty promising. They are really firm in their church, which is Catholic, but they have a load of questions about our church. We taught 3 lessons in one night answering their questions. We had to leave cuz we were there for almost 2 hours.... They are Fátima and Ronald. They´re really nice people and very, VERY faithful.

So before we went to their house the first time I had a really cool experience. So it was pretty dark and we had about an hour till we needed to go home so we just made some contacts. We were talking to this one lady that was at the beginning of a neighborhood. While talking to her my heart started to beat really fast and I thought that we should not go through that neighborhood. I didn’t know if it was just me trying to make an excuse to go home cuz I was pooped, or the Holy Ghost. So, I went with the Holy Ghost and we left. Then we went to a different neighborhood and the first person we talked to said she wanted to be baptized and that we can teach her the lessons to prepare her. Pretty crazy huh?

So, yeah.. lots of people. Sonya, who lives alone, which funny story with her. We went over to her place for a lesson and we were starting to teach it and getting really spiritual, when a lady, who I swear was Don Knotts, came in and they started to prepare for a pedicure...... it was really awkward. so we left and are gonna go back another day. Don can be there, and have a different cleansing, of the SOUL!!!!

So, we met lots of people, but none have been home when we stop by, or they don’t answer the phone. Also, we had 4 people say they would be ready in the morning for us to pick them up for church, but none of them answered the door when we got there :/ Pretty disappointing, but whatchu gonna do. Glaucia is one person that said she would go and bring her kids, but she didn’t answer, she wants to get baptized, but doesn’t really have a desire to actually learn or go to church.... we´re gonna work on that :P

So, that’s basically it this week. Disappointment, happiness, excitement, angry, all the feels. Well, I love this gospel and am so excited for this next week. Its going to be amazing!! Hopefully :P I know the church is true and that this gospel is what makes people truly happy and people can´t be without it. They might think they are, but it’s because they haven’t had the chance to understand the amount of joy that comes form this gospel of Jesus Christ. I love serving the Lord, it is really, REALLY hard, but man is it so worth it to see people feel the Spirit, even if it is just for a slight moment during a lesson or even a contact on the street. Love it so much. I truly feel the love of Christ in my life and hope you all do too. Love all of you and miss you lots!!!!


Love -Sister Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment