Monday, September 19, 2016

9/19/16 Look at All Those People




Well, Brasil has been on FIRE for the past couple of days. It has been so hot... Pretty sure I was breaking a missionary rule of no water activities cuz I was swimming in my own sweat.... thats gross.... forget I said that... ANYWAYS!!! So, this week has been hot and filled with lots of new people!!!! There´s, Carol, Rose, Aparecido, Niro, and like 5 others that I cant pronounce their names...

So we have a lot of people to talk to... but the families or usually the husbands dont want anything to do with the church so they say that we can't come back.... :( so sad. There were so many poeple that would join the church and have better lives, but the husbands kept saying no. :( stup.... so thats disappointing, we're still gonna stop by and at least just say hi, but yeah, like 4 ladies were in that situation. 

Moving on, something very exciting happened!!!! So we were out contacting late one night and we ran into Niro again! We asked, or Sis. Leite asked, if he was gonna come to church on Sunday... in which, me not knowing at the time until we were at his house picking him up on Sunday, that he said yes!!! He came to church!!! A then we went to an almost members house to get them to come to church, his name is Gabriel and another sister that went home from mission taught him, so we are helping him now, he came too :) He's really funny. We were over at his house one day and talking to his brother Damião, who is another almost member, about preparing for baptism. Damião is pretty much ready, and then we ask Gabriel if he thinks he's ready, in which he responds, "Sempre pronto" as he drinks a cup of coffee. XD it was pretty funny, cuz he knew he shouldn't have been doing that. 

Anyways, so yeah... Niro really enjoyed church and he was talking a lot during gospel doctrine class so that's cool, didn't understand what he was saying, all I knew is that we were talking about missionary work and people kept on gesturing to us sisters and saying "As missionarias ajudam pessoas...." and so on. So yeah. We also taught him a lesson!!! WITH MEMBERS PRESENT!!! one of the memebers served in Paraguay and the other looks like Curly from The Three Stooges... so yeah............
moving on, we taught him the restauração and he said he wanted to be BAPTIZED!!! and he will stop smoking and read a chapter in the LdM. Its so cool to see someone feel the spirit. oh, I was supposed to ask him if he wanted to get baptized, but Curly went and asked for me.. which is cool cuz I was really nervous I was gonna mess up or something :) so yeah :) that was cool. 

It's been really hot but yesterday it got  really stormy, which I loved, and today it is pouring down rain and theres thunder and lightning!!!! I love it. Feels like home. Also, I get to finally wear my rain jacket!!!!!! I love it :) I also made some cookies for my roommies and they are so in love with America. They always say my name just cuz it's an American name. XD They dont just say it, they yell it too. They were really excited to have some real american cookies from a real american recipe made by a real american. XD One of them, Sister Barbosa, wants to go to BYU-I so she is always asking me about it and if there are any cute guys there cuz she wants to marry an american... also if I will help her learn how to make real american cookies there too. XD She´s hilarious. 

So, thats what's been happening... other things have happened, like i spilled ice cream on my leg, ate some meat from a lady that would. not. stop. telling. me. to. eat. her.stinkin' meat.... I got sick from probably some water I drank, but all good now, almost cried because of all the dogs here... I WANT THEM SO BAD!!!! saw a lady smack her kid during a lesson about loving families.... I was trying so hard not to laugh at the irony of the situation. I bought a watch, ran like 500 miles to catch a bus, which we had missed 2 times previosuly,  also almost had a heart attack when 3 of these dogs almost bit my ankles. They were barking a lot and started chasing us and were literally 2 inches from my ankles, but I used my professional ninja skills and flipped away. it was pretty legit. 

Então, this week has been pretty cool. Lots of new people and lives that are changing :) Very excited for them. It has been hard this week cuz I really miss America. Brasil is great, but I am too much of a wimp to live here. It is VERY different here... the food is good though... its always good.......... OTÌMO!!!!!!! So yeah :) I am excited for what this week brings and for the amazing moments I can have with my companion and with the Spirit. :) I know this gospel is what makes me not cry 24/7 and be positive in my life. The Church is true, the book is blue, and I still dont know where to do the doo...... 

Love
-Sister Ferguson

P.S. I cant send pics this week cuz my computer is stupid, I also didnt take any... except for today in the rain..... so sorry!!!! I will next time!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment